Details for Benchmark: PE0273
N 44° 21.883 W 068° 18.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- Y 144
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
1.2 MI E FROM SOMESVILLE. 0.45 MILE NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 102 FROM THE LIBRARY IN SOMESVILLE, THENCE 0.95 MILE SOUTHEAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 198, 0.15 MILE EAST OF MT. DESERT CAMP-GROUND, 132 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 61 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER AND 12 FEET ABOVE HIGHWAY 198, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP OF A 7 X 8 FOOT OUTCROP ON THE TOP OF A ROCK HIGHWAY CUT.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.