Details for Benchmark: PE0307
N 44° 14.433 W 068° 21.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 6 STA 13
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
AT BERNARD. 0.1 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG ROAD TO HIGGINS WHARF (FORMERLY C.H. RICE COMPANY), FROM THE POST OFFICE AT BERNARD. SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE HIGHEST POINT OF A LARGE GRAY ROCK OUTCROP, 69 FEET NORTHWEST AND ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE LAST POWER LINE POLE, 52 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD LEADING TO THE WHARF AND 4 FEET ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.