Details for Benchmark: PE0315
N 44° 17.017 W 068° 23.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- J 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
1.5 MI NW FROM WEST TREMONT. 1.5 MILE NORTH AND NORTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 102 FROM THE WEST TREMONT METHODIST CHURCH. SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP AND AT THE WEST EDGE OF A ROCK OUTCROP, ABOUT 1.5 FEET BELOW AND 6 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE EXPOSED ROCK, 1.5 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. 66 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 36 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST AND 3 FEET ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.