Details for Benchmark: PE0316
N 44° 17.800 W 068° 24.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- K 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
7.2 MI SW FROM SOMESVILLE. 7.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 102 FROM THE GRADE SCHOOL AT SOMESVILLE OR 2.45 MILES NORTHWEST ON HIGHWAY 102 FROM THE WEST TREMONT METHODIST CHURCH IN WEST TREMONT. SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE OF A 3 BY 10 FOOT BOULDER, PROJECTING 4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. 72 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE TREMONT BAPTIST CHURCH, 27 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 1.5 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|1/1/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.