Details for Benchmark: PE0317
N 44° 18.433 W 068° 24.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- L 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
6.4 MI SW FROM SOMESVILLE. 6.45 MILES SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 102 FROM THE GRADE SCHOOL AT SOMESVILLE OR 0.75 MILE NORTH OF THE TREMONT BAPTIST CHURCH. SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP AND 2 FEET EAST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A BEDROCK PROJECTING 6 INCHES. THE BEDROCK IS IN ABOUT THE CENTER OF A SMALL STREAM. 81 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 102, 72 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A ONE STORIED HOUSE, 57 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF A DOUBLE, 12 INCH PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 12 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A LARGE ROCK OUTCROP PROJECTING 2 FEET AND 5 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.