Details for Benchmark: PE0322
N 44° 21.250 W 068° 21.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- P 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found PE0322
N 44° 21.253 W 068° 21.966
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/pe0322/]PE0322 - P 145[/url][/b].
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
2.2 MI SW FROM SOMESVILLE. 2.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 102 FROM THE GRADE SCHOOL AT SOMESVILLE. SET IN A DRILL HOLE AT THE TOP AND AT THE EAST END OF A 6 BY 4 FOOT BOULDER PROJECTING 5 FEET. 150 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING TO GLENMERRY LODGE, 48 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 102 AND 8 FEET ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.