Details for Benchmark: PE0371
N 44° 27.400 W 068° 55.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALDO county, ME View Original Datasheet
- V 18
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT SEARAPORT. AT SEARAPORT, WALDO COUNTY, ON U.S. HIGHWAY 1, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF STEAMBOAT AVENUE, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 21 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE AVENUE, 30 YARDS WEST OF THE WEST END OF THE LITTLEFIELDS LUMBER MILL, AND IN THE TOP OF A 12- BY 12-INCH GRANITE POST PROJECTING 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 40.072 V 18 1933.
|01/01/1983 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983
ADDITIONS: LITTLEFILED LUMBER MILL IS LONG GONE: MARK IS ABOUT 20 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE MIDDLE OF MILL BROOK.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.