Details for Benchmark: PE0372
N 44° 27.500 W 068° 55.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALDO county, ME View Original Datasheet
- W 18
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT SEARAPORT. AT SEARAPORT, WALDO COUNTY, ON MAIN STREET, AT THE POST OFFICE, IN THE NORTH WALL, 10 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE MAINE STREET ENTRANCE, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF MAINE STREET, AND 5 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 59.882 W 18 1933 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1983 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983
THE FORMER POST OFFICE ON MAIN ST. NOW HOUSES THE SEARSPORT HISTORICAL SOCIETY. THE BUILDING IS ON THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORICAL PLACES.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.