Details for Benchmark: PE0379
N 44° 27.883 W 068° 49.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALDO county, ME View Original Datasheet
- D 147
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
0.9 MI W FROM FORT POINT. ABOUT 0.9 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD FROM THE COAST GUARD STATION AND LIGHTHOUSE AT FORT POINT ON CAPE JELLISON, SET ON THE TOP OF A 6-BY-3-FOOT BOULDER WHICH PROJECTS 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND, 0.15 MILE EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF A BLACK TOP ROAD, 33 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 108 FEET WEST OF POWER LINE POLE NO. 59 AND 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
|01/01/1983 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983
THE POWER LINE POLE IS NO 39.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.