Details for Benchmark: PE0381
N 44° 28.050 W 068° 48.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALDO county, ME View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 30 STA 30
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
0.2 MI N FROM FORT POINT. ABOUT 0.2 MILE NORTH ALONG A TRAIL FROM THE COAST GUARD AND LIGHTHOUSE AT FORT POINT ON CAPE JELLISON, 120 YARDS SOUTHEAST ALONG WATER EDGE FROM THE END OF THE TRAIL LEADING FROM THE LIGHTHOUSE TO THE BEACH, SET ON THE TOP OF AN 8-BY-5-FOOT BOULDER PROJECTING 4 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND, NEAR THE GRASS LINE OF A 20-FOOT BLUFF, 180 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF TIDAL BENCH NO. 3 (1908) AND 4 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 13997 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.