Details for Benchmark: PE1169
N 44° 05.267 W 069° 47.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAGADAHOC county, ME View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT RICHMOND. AT RICHMOND, SAGADAHOC COUNTY, 2 BLOCKS SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF THE MAINE CENTRAL RAILROAD AND STATE HIGHWAY 197, AT THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE POST OFFICE, IN THE SOUTHWEST WALL, AND 2 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1978 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.