Details for Benchmark: PE1664
N 44° 21.817 W 068° 18.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- K 8 USGS RESET 1977
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1977 by MEHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MAINE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT (NOW MEDT) 1977
1.6 MI ESE FROM SOMESVILLE. LOCATED AT THE HIGHWAY JUNCTION OF ROUUE 198 AND 233 ON MOUNT DESERT ISLAND AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF ACADIA NATIONAL PARK. THE BM IS A STANDARD DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR ALUMINUM SURVEY DISK, IN THE WESTERLY CORNER OF THE HIGHWAY LEDGE CUT, 27 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF ROUTE 098, 435 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY JUNCTION OF ROUTES 198 AND 233, 95.5 FEET NORTH OF UTILITY POLE 253/454, 109 FEET EAST OF UTILITY POLE 453. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.