Details for Benchmark: PE1770
N 44° 21.684 W 068° 05.262 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- WINTER HARBOR LH
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (KGC)
THE CENTER OF THE LIGHTHOUSE ON MARK ISLAND AT THE ENTRANCE TO WINTER HARBOR JUST E OF THE SCHOODIC PENINSULA.
|1/1/1965 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (NCS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED IN 1934. THE ISLAND WAS NOT VISITED, BUT OBSERVED UPON FROM THE MAINLAND.
|1/1/1968 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (NCS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED IN 1934. THE LIGHT IS NO LONGER OPERATIVE.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN 2.2 MILES SOUTH OF WINTER HARBOR.
|1/1/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|6/30/1995 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.