Details for Benchmark: PE1779
N 44° 15.333 W 068° 12.794 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (FLP)
STATION IS CENTER OF TOP OF COAST GUARD WATCH TOWER, ON TOP OF COAST GUARD HEADQUARTERS BUILDING, AT NORTHWEST END. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH STEEL FLAG TOWER NEAR BY.
|01/01/1953 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (DFR)
STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED EXCEPT THAT BUILDING IS NO LONGER OWNED BY THE COAST GUARD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.