Details for Benchmark: PE1793
N 44° 24.087 W 068° 11.602 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- POR 1944
- Marker Type:
- topographic station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (FLP)
STATION IS ON THE NORTHERN SIDE OF SHEEP PORCUPINE ISLAND, 25 METERS WEST OF THE NORTHEASTERLY TIP, 6 METERS BACK OF MEAN HIGH-WATER LINE, 1 METER OUTSIDE GRASS LINE. MARK IS A STANDARD TOPOGRAPHIC DISC STAMPED POR, 1944, SET IN LEDGE ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.