Details for Benchmark: PE1804
N 44° 24.585 W 068° 14.427 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- HULL 1944
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (FLP)
STATION IS ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF FRENCHMAN BAY, ABOUT 1000 METERS SOUTHEAST OF THE HEAD OF HULLS COVE, 150 METERS NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST END OF ROCKY BLUFF UNDER ROAD, ON THE MOST NORTHERLY PART OF A ROCK POINT BETWEEN TWO GRAVEL BEACHES, 2 METERS FROM HIGH-WATER LINE, 14.6 METERS FROM THE WESTERLY END OF A 5 FT HIGH PLASTER WALL, AND 6.5 METERS OUTSIDE GRASS LINE. STANDARD TOPOGRAPHIC DISC, STAMPED HULL, 1944.
APPROXIMATE ELEVATION ABOVE HIGH-WATER MARK 6 FEET.
|1/1/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.