Details for Benchmark: PE1865
N 44° 11.446 W 068° 25.507 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- BEEN 1944
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found PE1865
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/pe1865/]PE1865 - BEEN 1944[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 03:04:23 UTC.
||mainepod found PE1865
N 44° 11.448 W 068° 25.506
Found this benchmark after walking by it twice. The benchmark was clearly visible and in fair condition. It was really gusty when we went and pretty cold.
[last edit: 11/30/2003 9:30:09 AM PST]
[Photos:]North Point, Swans I. ME
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (FLP)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE EXTREME TIP OF NORTH POINT WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE NORTHERN SIDE OF SWAN ISLAND, 12 METERS NORTHWEST OF TREE LINE AND 4 METERS BACK OF M.H.W.L. STANDARD TOPOGRAPHIC DISC STAMPED BEEN 1944.
APPROXIMATE ELEVATION ABOVE HIGH-WATER MARK 2 FEET.
|1/1/1956 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (IRR)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE AND COMPLETE WITH THE FOLLOWING ADDITION--
THE STATION IS MARKED BY A TOPOGRAPHIC DISK, STAMPED BEEN 1944.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.