Details for Benchmark: PE1907
N 44° 17.005 W 068° 16.197 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- BEAR ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (KGC)
STATION RECOVERED. IT IS SE OF THE ENTRANCE TO NORTHEAST HARBOR AND HAS A WHITE CYLINDRICAL TOWER. ITS POSITION WAS REDETERMINED BY THE 1934 OBSERVATIONS.
|1/1/1953 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (DFR)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.