Details for Benchmark: PE1981
N 44° 18.550 W 068° 44.572 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- PUMPKIN ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (KGC)
STATION WAS RECOVERED AND ITS POSITION CHECKED BY NEW OBSERVATIONS. LIGHTHOUSE IS A WHITE CYLINDRICAL TOWER ON PUMPKIN ISLAND AT THE NW END OF EGGEMOGGIN REACH. THE LIGHT HAS BEEN ABANDONED AND THE TOWER IS NOW PRIVATELY OWNED.
|1/1/1956 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (IRR)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1934 RECOVERY NOTE BY K.G.C. IS ADEQUATE AND COMPLETE.
|1/1/1983 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983 (ELG)
STATION RECOVERED GOOD.
THE STATION IS WELL MAINTAINED. THE 1934 AND 1956 RECOVERY NOTES ARE ADEQUATE AND COMPLETE. THE STATION IS IN HANCOCK COUNTY.
|1/1/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (ELG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.