Details for Benchmark: PE2040
N 44° 03.884 W 068° 39.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KNOX county, ME View Original Datasheet
- ISLE AU HAUT LIGHTHOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (KGC)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE LIGHTHOUSE ON ROBINSON POINT ON THE NW SIDE OF ISLE AU HAUT, AND IS A CYLINDRICAL WHITE BRICK TOWER. THE LIGHT HAS BEEN ABANDONED AND THE TOWER IS NOW PRIVATELY OWNED.
|1/1/1956 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (IRR)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE AND COMPLETE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.