Details for Benchmark: PG0930
N 44° 15.367 W 073° 58.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NY View Original Datasheet
- JOHN BROWNS GRAVE AZ
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||sabrefan7 found PG0930
Found after a visit to this historical site
||Zhanna found PG0930
N 44° 15.392 W 073° 58.427
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/reference-marks/pg0930/]PG0930 - JOHN BROWNS GRAVE AZ[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 03:13:30 UTC.
||Gnikhog found PG0930
Recovered in good condition
[Photos:]JOHN BROWNS GRAVE AZ MK
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
2.5 MI S FROM LAKE PLACID. SOUTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 83 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 86 AND 73 IN LAKE PLACID FOR 1.5 MILES TO SIDE ROAD RIGHT, THENCE RIGHT, SOUTH ON JOHN BROWNS ROAD FOR 0.4 MILE TO REVERSE FORK, TURN SHARP RIGHT, NORTHERY FOR 0.15 MILE TO AZIMUTH MARK ON LEFT. 57.5 FEET SOUTH OF PIPE PROPERTY MARKER, 19.3 FEET WEST OF CENTER OF JOHN BROWN ROAD, 14 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF POWER POLE 25-182 AND 2 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF WITNESS POST, MARK PROJECTS ABOUT 5 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- A REFERENCE MARK DISK WAS USED INSTEAD OF AN AZIMUTH MARK DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.