Details for Benchmark: PG0958
N 44° 13.100 W 073° 47.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NY View Original Datasheet
- REI 19 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
3.0 MI S FROM KEENE. ABOUT 3.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86 A FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 9 N AT KEENE, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF MARCY AIRPORT, IN THE TOP OF A LARGE ROCK OUTCROP THAT IS ABOUT 18 X 45 FEET AND 5 FEET HIGH, 32 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, 164 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE HIGHWAY AND A NARROW BLACK TOP ROAD WEST ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE AIRPORT, 123 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A FRAME GARAGE, 20 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE OUTCROP AND ABOUT 4 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.