Details for Benchmark: PG1011
N 44° 55.150 W 073° 49.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLINTON county, NY View Original Datasheet
- D 247
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||nelsonrn found PG1011
N 44° 55.154 W 073° 49.056
USGS topo map calls it Brandy Brook, not Brady Brook.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
2.9 MI NW FROM ELLENBURG DEPOT. ABOUT 1.15 MILES WEST ALONG US HIGHWAY 11 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT ELLENBURG DEPOT, THENCE 1.4 MILES NORTH ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, THENCE 0.35 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST ALONG AN ABANDONED RAILROAD GRADE, 17 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTER LINE OF OLD GRADE, AT AN ABANDONED RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER BRADY BROOK, 3.7 FEET EAST OF A 4 INCH ELM TREE FORMING A FENCE POST, SET IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE SEAT OF BRIDGE (NOW ABANDONED) ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW OLD GRADE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.