Details for Benchmark: PG2110
N 44° 15.152 W 073° 58.286 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NY View Original Datasheet
- JOHN BROWN MONUMENT 1942
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (FBQ)
THIS STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3.5 MILES S OF LAKE PLACID NEAR THE CENTER OF A CIRCULAR DRIVE. IT IS LOCATED BY DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM TRIANGULATION STATION JOHN BROWNS GRAVE.
IT IS A STATUE CONSTRUCTED OF BRONZE AND MOUNTED ON A 4-FOOT BY 4-FOOT BY 3-FOOT CONCRETE BASE. IT IS OF JOHN BROWN AND A NEGRO BOY. HEIGHT OVERALL IS ABOUT 12 FEET.
POINT OBSERVED WAS THE CENTER OF THE BASE.
JOHN BROWNS GRAVE IS DISTANT 17.282 METERS (56.70 FEET).
|01/01/1963 by LDA (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY L DICKERSON ASSOC 1963
STATION WAS FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.