Details for Benchmark: PG2707
N 44° 13.283 W 072° 33.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, VT View Original Datasheet
- H 93002
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by VTAT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY VERMONT AGENCY OF TRANSPORTATION 1993
GENERAL LOCATION - BERLIN TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF VERMONT ROUTE 62 AND FISHER ROAD AT THE CENTRAL VERMONT HOSPITAL IN BERLIN, GO NORTHEAST ALONG VERMONT ROUTE 62 FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A -Y- IN THE ROAD, BEAR RIGHT AND GO NORTHEAST ALONG THE ACCESS ROAD (LEADING TO ROUTE 302 WEST AND MONTPELIER) FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE ACCESS ROAD BRIDGE OVER VERMONT ROUTE 62 AND THE MARK ON THE RIGHT ON THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE. THE MARK IS LOCATED 2.0 M (6.6 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE ABUTMENT, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) WEST OF THE FACE OF THE ABUTMENT, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) EAST OF THE METAL GUARDRAIL OF THE BRIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.