Details for Benchmark: PH0356
N 44° 17.750 W 074° 30.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
4.40 MI N FROM TUPPER LAKE. 0.60 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 3 FROM THE CROSSING OF THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD AT TUPPER LAKE, THENCE 0.05 MILE EAST ALONG 9TH STREET, THENCE 3.75 MILES NORTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD TO A SMALL PATCH OF BED ROCK, SET IN THE TOP OF A 3 BY 6 FOOT ROCK. 16.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE ROAD, 11.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.