Details for Benchmark: PN0029
N 44° 34.797 W 088° 05.082 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BROWN county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1921 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1921 (CLG)
STATION IS ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES N OF DUCK CREEK, JUST INSIDE OF THE FENCE ON THE W SIDE OF STATE HIGHWAY 15 AND 80 METERS N OF WHERE THIS HIGHWAY PASSES UNDER THE CHICAGO AND NORTHWESTERN RAILWAY. THE STATION IS NEARLY AT THE POINT OF INTERSECTION OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE RAILROAD FROM THE E AND W. IT IS ALSO 9.4 METERS (30.85 FEET) W OF HIGHWAY MENTIONED ABOVE.
STATION IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK SET IN A LARGE CONCRETE BLOCK 3 FEET SQUARE AND 4 FEET DEEP.
REFERENCE MARK IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK SET IN CONCRETE, AS DESCRIBED IN NOTE 11A.
|01/01/1921 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1921
1.2 MI N FROM DUCK CREEK. 1-1/4 MILES NORTH ALONG THE CHIAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT DUCK CREEK, BROWN COUNTY, 87 YARDS NORTH OF THE UNDERGRADE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 39, AT A CURVE, NEARLY AT THE POINT OF INTERSECTION OF THE TANGENTS, JUST INSIDE THE FENCE ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 39 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD TRIANGULATION-STATION DISK, STAMPED DUCK 1921 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1926 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1926 (GLB)
HAVE DESCRIPTION AS BENCH MARK ONLY. RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (WGT)
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. THE COUNTY ROAD PAST THE STATION IS TO BE IMPROVED BUT THE STATION WILL BE JUST OUTSIDE THE CONSTRUCTION LIMITS. A METAL WITNESS POST WAS SET BESIDE THE STATION MARK.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 41 AND 141, IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF GREEN BAY, GO NORTHWEST ON U.S. 41 AND 141 FOR 1.65 MILES TO CROSSROADS AND JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD AA, TURN LEFT AND GO WESTERLY ON COUNTY ROUTE AA AND GLENDALE AVENUE FOR 0.65 MILE TO CROSSROADS AND JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROUTE M, TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH ON COUNTY ROUTE M FOR 0.95 MILE TO STATION ON LEFT JUST AFTER PASSING THROUGH AN UNDERPASS.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN HOWARD, AT THE INTERSECTION OF CARDINAL LANE AND THE CHICAGO AND NORTHWESTERN RAILROAD, 72.6 M (238.2 FT) NORTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND 12.0 M (39.4 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE LANE. THE MARK IS 0.8 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE THE LANE.
|05/23/1994 by WI-009 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY BROWN COUNTY WISCONSIN 1994 (AJH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|04/20/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1991.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.