Details for Benchmark: PN0078
N 44° 30.767 W 088° 00.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROWN county, WI View Original Datasheet
- P 2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures with deep foundations
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1922 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT GREEN BAY. AT GREEN BAY, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF WALNUT AND ADAMS STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE AND AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE OLD POST OFFICE BUILDING (NOW THE COURTHOUSE ANNEX), 0.8 FOOT EAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING AND 1.8 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1974 by NOS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1974
IN GREEN BAY, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF SOUTH ADAMS AND EAST WALNUT STS., ON WALNUT ST. FACE OF THE BROWN COUNTY COURTHOUSE ANNEX, 58 FT. SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF WALNUT ST., 52.5 FT. EAST OF EAST CURB OF SOUTH ADAMS ST., 0.8 FT. EAST OF NORTHWEST CORNER, 2 FT. ABOVE THE GROUND, BEING HORIZONTAL LINE OF CROSS AT CENTER OF BRONZE DISC SET INTO THE WALL.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/04/1994 by WI-009 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY BROWN COUNTY WISCONSIN 1994 (AJH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.