Details for Benchmark: PN0866
N 44° 32.571 W 088° 07.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BROWN county, WI View Original Datasheet
- AMOS 1926
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1926 (GLB)
STATION IS ABOUT 3 MILES W OF THE WESTERN CITY LIMITS OF GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN, ALONG THE GREEN BAY AND WESTERN RAILWAY. IT IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY TO THAT OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE FARMS OF MESSRS. N.N. SANTY AND JOE PLATTEN, AND 22.37 METERS FROM THE CENTER OF THE GATE LEADING INTO THE SANTY FARM. IT IS ON THE EASTERLY TANGENT OF THE S RAIL AT THIS POINT. IT IS 1.68 METERS N OF THE N PROPERTY LINE OF THE RAILROAD, AND 12.82 METERS S OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TOWNSHIP ROAD. IT IS 2.925 METERS E OF A MAPLE TREE, THIS MAPLE IS IN LINE WITH A FIR TREE ABOUT 7 FEET W AND A LARGER MAPLE IS IN LINE WITH A FIR TREE ABOUT 7 FEET W AND A LARGER MAPLE ABOUT 15 FEET W OF THE FIR.
SURFACE AND UNDERGROUND MARKS ARE STANDARD DISKS SET IN CONCRETE, AS DESCRIBED IN NOTES 1A AND 7A.
|01/01/1930 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (JPL)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN GOOD CONDITION. DESCRIPTION ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.