Details for Benchmark: PP0540
N 44° 30.400 W 092° 55.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GOODHUE county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 2506 AT
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||JJnTJ marked PP0540 as destroyed
Looked for it unsuccessfully. The bridge looked very new, so when I got home I checked the MnDOT datasheet. This mark was indeed destroyed when the new bridge was built.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1972
IN CANNON FALLS. MARK IS LOCATED AT CANNON FALLS, 0.6 MILES WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF THS 19 AND 20 IN THE BUSINESS DISTRICT, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER (ABUTMENT) OF BRIDGE NO. 9487, TH 19 OVER TH 52. SW 1/4 SECTION 18, T 112, R 18.
|10/01/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.