Details for Benchmark: PP0550
N 44° 31.283 W 092° 55.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAKOTA county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 1905 B
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1972
0.9 MI N FROM CANNON FALLS. MARK IS LOCATED 0.9 MILES NORTH ALONG TH 52 FROM THE JUNCTION OF TH 52 AND TH 19 (OVERPASS) AT CANNON FALLS, 0.25 MILES NORTH OF THE CANNON RIVER IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BRIDGE NO. 9488, COUNTY ROAD 88 OVER TH 52 AT TH 52 MILE POINT 99.1. SE 1/4 SECTION 12, T 112, R 18.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.