Details for Benchmark: PP0610
N 44° 36.650 W 092° 59.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAKOTA county, MN View Original Datasheet
- W 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1972
IN HAMPTON. AT HAMPTON, 0.3 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 47 FROM THE JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 47 AND TH 52, THENCE, 0.1 MILES SOUTH (1 CITY BLOCK) ALONG THE CHICAGO-GREAT WESTERN RAILROAD, 52.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF A CITY STREET, 34.1 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 9.4 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT BURIED 2 INCHES BELOW GROUND. NE 1/4, SEC. 8, T113, R18.
|01/01/1985 by MNDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1985
THE MARK, AS RECOVERED IN 1972, IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF HAMPTON, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 8, T113N, R18W, 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 47 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH TRUNK HIGHWAY 52 AT THE NORTH EDGE OF HAMPTON TO A CITY STREET, THENCE 0.1 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE STREET, 86.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A CITY STREET, 95 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CORNER OF A STORAGE BUILDING, 16.0 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF A CORNER FENCE POST ON THE OLD RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE CITY STREET, AND 1.3 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. THE MARK, A STANDARD USCGS BENCH MARK DISK STAMPED--- W 26 1933---, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND IS 0.2 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. THE RAILWAY HAS BEEN REMOVED.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (DBA)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.