Details for Benchmark: PP0640
N 44° 44.500 W 092° 57.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAKOTA county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 7 GAF
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Kidatheart found PP0640
Quick find on my way into work. Coordinates I had for the mark were 180 feet different from GC.Com.
Marker sign is right next to mark
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
5 MI W FROM HASTINGS. MARK IS LOCATED NEAR THE JUNCTION OF T.H. 55 AND COUNTY ROAD 42, 6 FEET NORTH AND 18 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A METAL FENCE AROUND NORTHERN STATES POWER LINE SUBSTATION 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE MONUMENT. NW 1/4 SECTION 26, T 115N, R 18W.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (RK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.