Details for Benchmark: PP0644
N 44° 44.541 W 092° 59.592 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DAKOTA county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 8 RDS
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
2.5 MI SE FROM PINE BEND. MARK IS LOCATED, 1,950 FEET WEST OF JUNCTION T.H. 55 AND COUNTY ROAD 38, 399 FEET EAST OF JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 38 AND COUNTY ROAD 42 (T-ROAD SOUTH), 12 FEET WEST OF A POWER POLE, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT, 3 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NW 1/4 SECTION 28, T 115N, R 18W.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (RK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/25/1996 by MN-037 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY DAKOTA COUNTY MINNESOTA 1996 (RGS)
THE MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. THE MARK IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF ROSEMOUNT IN THE NW 1/4 OF SECTION 28, T115N R18W. TO REACH THE MARK FROM THE JCT OF TH 55 AND CO RD 42, GO SW ON CO RD 42 FOR 600 FT (182.9 M) TO 142ND ST WEST, TURN RIGHT (WEST) ON 142ND ST AND GO 800 FT (243.8 M) TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT. THE MARK, A STANDARD USGS VERTICAL DISK SET IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT, IS 26 FT (7.9 M) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF 142ND ST WEST AND 10 FT (3.0 M) WNW OF A P-POLE, AND 1 FT (0.3 M) SOUTH OF A WIT POST. RECOVERED AND DESCRIBED BY ROBERT G. SOMMERS, CHECKED BY J.E.M.
|09/29/1999 by MN-037 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY DAKOTA COUNTY MINNESOTA 1999 (RGS)
RECOVERED AS REDESCRIBED IN 1996 (RGS)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.