Details for Benchmark: PP0649
N 44° 43.933 W 092° 50.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAKOTA county, MN View Original Datasheet
- ES 28
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1965
1.4 MI SE FROM HASTINGS. MARK IS LOCATED 1.4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE DAKOTA COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 78 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A ROAD FORK LEADING SOUTHEAST TO THE STATE HOSPITAL, 30 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE HOSPITAL ROAD, 2 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A FENCE (WOVEN WIRE) AROUND THE SEWAGE DISPOSAL PLANT, 30 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL BRICK BUILDING, 4 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A NARROW GATE, 1.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.