Details for Benchmark: PP0946
N 44° 55.700 W 093° 23.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HENNEPIN county, MN View Original Datasheet
- J 2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1973
IN HOPKINS. THE MARK IS 0.2 MILES NORTH ALONG COUNTY RD NO. 20 (MONK AVE.) FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MONK AVE. AND COUNTY RD NO. 3 (EXCELSIOR BLVD.) IN HOPKINS. IT IS 63 FEET WEST OF MONK AVE., 39 FEET NORTH OF RAILWAY TRACKS, AND 20 FEET SOUTH OF A RESTAURANT. IT IS 1.5 FEET ABOVE GROUND. NE 1/4, SEC 19, T 117N, R 21W.
|01/01/1979 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1979
THE MARK IS 0.75 MILES SOUTH MEASURED ALONG BLAKE ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF T.H. 7 AND BLAKE ROAD. THE MARK IS 45 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A STUCCO BUILDING, 63 FEET WEST OF THE CROSSING OF BLAKE ROAD AND THE CHICAGO AND NORTHWESTERN RAILRAOD, 39 FEET NORTH OF THE TRACK, 3 FEET FROM A POWER POLE, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A STEEL WITNESS POST.
|01/01/1979 by MNDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1979 (EGS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|09/05/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.