Details for Benchmark: PP1156
N 44° 51.750 W 093° 21.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HENNEPIN county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 39 RDS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1970 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1970
IN EDINA. MARK IS LOCATED IN EDINA, ABOUT 1.8 MILES SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF T.H. 169/212 AND THE MINNEAPOLIS, NORTHFIELD AND SOUTHERN RAILROAD IN EDINA, 0.2 MILES NORTH OF FAI 494, 28 FEET SOUTH OF OLD T.H. 5, 405 FEET EAST OF A T-ROAD NORTH (CAHILL ROAD), 28 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRIDGE OVER THE M.N. AND S. R.R., 55 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST LEG OF AN OLD TRANSMISSION TOWER FOUNDATION, IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE MONUMENT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. SE 1/4 SECTION 8, T116N, R 21W. NOTE-- THIS MARK IS ALSO 3.2 MILES WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF FAI 494 AND FAI 35W IN BLOOMINGTON.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.