Details for Benchmark: PP1477
N 44° 44.733 W 093° 02.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAKOTA county, MN View Original Datasheet
- B 27
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1972 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1972
IN RICH VALLEY. MARK FOUND, AS DESCRIBED, IN RICH VALLEY, 0.45 MILES WEST OF TH 52, 33.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 38, 51 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE CHICAGO-GREAT WESTERN RAILROAD, 33 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A RAILROAD SIGNAL, 3 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, 2.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 0.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NE 1/4, SEC. 24, T115, R18.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.