Details for Benchmark: PP2144
N 44° 48.050 W 093° 30.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SCOTT county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 51 RDS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1980 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1980 (EGS)
THE MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION 1.4 MILES EAST ALONG TRUNK HIGHWAY 101 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH TRUNK HIGHWAY 169 IN SHAKOPEE, IN THE NE 1/4 OF SECTION 6, T115N, R22W. THE MARK IS 209 FEET SOUTH ALONG A TOWNSHIP ROAD, 49 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE TOWNSHIP ROAD, 37 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE CHICAGO NORTHWESTERN RAILROAD, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AT MILEPOINT 6.45, AND 1.0 FOOT NORTH OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. THE MARK, A STANDARD USGS BENCH MARK DISK STAMPED---51 RDS 1950---, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 3 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.