Details for Benchmark: PP3318
N 44° 29.317 W 092° 32.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GOODHUE county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 15 ES
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1984 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1984
5.3 MI SE FROM RED WING. THE MARK IS LOCATED ABOUT 5-1/4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE CITY OF RED WING IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 19, T112N, R14W, 6.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG TRUNK HIGHWAY 58 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH TRUNK HIGHWAYS 61 AND 63 IN RED WING, 41.0 FEET WEST OF AND ABOUT 5 FEET LOWER THAN THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 58, 94.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF HIGHWAY 58 MILE POST NUMBER 17, 422 FEET SOUTHWEST ALONG HIGHWAY 58 FROM A T-ROAD WEST, 99 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF AN EMPTY BRICK SCHOOL HOUSE, 29.3 FEET SOUTH OF A CORNER FENCE POST, 6.7 FEET NORTH OF A 36 INCH OAK TREE WITH A TRIANGULAR BLAZE ON THE EAST SIDE, AND 1.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. THE MARK, A STANDARD USGS BENCH MARK DISK STAMPED---15 ES 1950---, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND PROJECTS 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.