Details for Benchmark: PP3391
N 44° 30.733 W 092° 54.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GOODHUE county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 2504 B
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1988
THE MARK IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF CANNON FALLS, 0.35 MI (0.56 KM) NORTH ALONG TRUNK HIGHWAY 20 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH TRUNK HIGHWAY 19, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE WALKWAY OF BRIDGE NUMBER 4759 (HIGHWAY 20 OVER THE CANNON RIVER) AND IN THE NW 1/4 OF SECTION 18, T112N, R17W. THE MARK IS 22.0 FT (6.7 M) WEST OF AND ABOUT 1 FT (0.3 M) HIGHER THAN THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 20 AT MILEPOINT 0.4. THE MARK, A STANDARD MNDT ALUMINUM VERTICAL CONTROL MONUMENT DISK STAMPED---2504 B 1988---, IS SET IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE WALKWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.