Details for Benchmark: PP3440
N 44° 36.033 W 092° 43.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GOODHUE county, MN View Original Datasheet
- ES 22
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|08/08/1988 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1988
THE MARK IS LOCATED ABOUT 3 MI (4.8 KM) WEST OF THE CITY OF RED WING, 2.05 MI (3.30 KM) EAST ALONG TRUNK HIGHWAY 61 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH TRUNK HIGHWAY 316 EAST OF MIESVILLE, NEAR A CEMETERY AND IN THE NW 1/4 OF SECTION 15, T113N, R16W. THE MARK IS 47.2 FT (14.4 M) SOUTH OF AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 61 AT MILEPOINT 102.45, 16.0 FT (4.9 M) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CEMETERY ROAD, 35.2 FT (10.7 M) WEST OF A POWER POLE AND 0.9 FT (0.3 M) NORTH OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. THE MARK, A STANDARD USGS SURVEY DISK STAMPED---ES 22 1950---, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 2 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.