Details for Benchmark: PR0229
N 44° 21.267 W 096° 55.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKINGS county, SD View Original Datasheet
- V 329
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
2 MI N FROM VOLGA. 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE CHICAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY STATION AT VOLGA, AT A ROAD INTERSECTION, 118.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF AN EAST-WEST ROAD, 53.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A NORTH-SOUTH ROAD, 41.1 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A SCHOOLHOUSE, 7.3 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK LEADING TO THE SCHOOLHOUSE, 2.4 FEET SOUTH OF A FLAGPOLE, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH IS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|09/20/1994 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (GAS)
THE SCHOOL BUILDING HAS BEEN RAZED AND THE AREA GRADED. ASSUMED DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.