Details for Benchmark: PR0236
N 44° 26.033 W 096° 55.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKINGS county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by SDHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
2.3 MI SW FROM BRUCE. 1.7 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AT BRUCE, THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, 0.4 MILE NORTH OF A ROAD INTERSECTION, 408.0 FEET SOUTH OF A POINT WHERE THE ROAD PASSES OVER THE CREST OF A HILL, 126.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF A PRIVATE DRIVE LEADING EAST TO A FARMHOUSE, 45.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2.0 FEET WEST OF A REFERENCE POST, 1.6 FEET WEST OF A FENCE, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.