Details for Benchmark: PR0241
N 44° 26.500 W 096° 54.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKINGS county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Z 329
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
0.7 MI W FROM BRUCE. 0.7 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AT BRUCE, 148.4 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE SOUTH GUARD RAIL OF THE SECOND CONCRETE BRIDGE FROM THE WEST END OF A SERIES OF FOUR BRIDGES, 65.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 14.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A FIELD ENTRANCE, 3.7 FEET WEST OF A T FENCE CORNER WHICH IS AT THE WEST END OF AN OFFSET IN AN EAST-WEST FENCE LINE, 1.5 FEET EAST OF A REFERENCE POST, 1.4 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.