Details for Benchmark: PR0373
N 44° 48.850 W 097° 16.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CODINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1905 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1905
AT GROVER. AT GROVER, CODINGTON COUNTY, ON THE GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY, 0.2 MILE EAST OF THE STATION, AT THE CROSSING OF A NORTH-AND-SOUTH SECTION-LINE ROAD, 110 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, 36 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 68 FEET SOUTH OF A POST AT THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE CORNER, AND IN THE FENCE LINE. A COPPER BOLT, SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS USBM AND SET IN THE TOP OF A STONE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.