Details for Benchmark: PR0394
N 44° 53.617 W 097° 04.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CODINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- R 56
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
2.2 MI E FROM WATERTOWN. ABOUT 2.2 MILES EAST ALONG THE CHICAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY FROM THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILWAY STATION AT WATERTOWN, CODINGTON COUNTY, AT MILEPOST 317, 40 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED R 56 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- SITE OF MARK IS NOW A STONE QUARRY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.