Details for Benchmark: PR0426
N 44° 53.367 W 097° 06.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CODINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT WATERTOWN. THE BM IS SITUATED IN THE SOUTHEAST PART OF WATERTOWN, NEAR THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF ELEVENTH STREET, EAST, AND NINTH AVENUE, SOUTH, ON THE CITY SEWAGE LIFE STATION GROUNDS. THE BM IS 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND, 61.6 FEET SOUTH OF C LINE U.S. PAVED HIGHWAY 212 AND 24.55 FEET FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE SEWAGE LIFT STATION BUILDING.
|01/01/1968 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1968
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.