Details for Benchmark: PR0820
N 44° 53.983 W 097° 06.592 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CODINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- WATERTOWN IMM CONC CATH CH
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS THE BASE OF THE CROSS ON THE TOP OF THE BELFRY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHOLIC CHURCH IN WATERTOWN. THE CHURCH IS A RED BRICK STRUCTURE WITH A BRICK BELFRY. THE BELFRY IS OVER THE S SIDE OF THE CHURCH AND THE MAIN ENTRANCE. IT IS 60 FEET HIGH WITH A RED TIN ROOF, DOME SHAPED WITH A CROSS IN THE CENTER.
THE CHURCH IS IN THE NW CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF KEMP AVENUE AND THIRD STREET E. IT WAS ERECTED IN 1906.
THIS STATION WAS OBSERVED FROM FRANKLIN-1903, ELFRING-1903, SHERIDAN, WATERTOWN AND WATERTOWN AIRPORT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.