Details for Benchmark: PR0845
N 44° 30.697 W 097° 03.618 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BROOKINGS county, SD View Original Datasheet
- LAKE AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1968 (RLM)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 10.0 MI N. AND 3.8 MI E. OF TOWN OF ARLINGTON, IN NW 1/4 SEC. 15, T. 112 N., R. 52 W.
TO REACH FROM JCT. OF U.S. HWYS. 14 AND 81 AT E. EDGE OF ARLINGTON, GO N. ON U.S. HWY. 81 FOR 10.5 MI TO CROSSROADS, TURN RIGHT (E.) AND GO 3.0 MI TO T-RD. W., TURN RIGHT (S.) AND GO 0.15 MI TO FIELD ENTRANCE AND CRIB ON LEFT (E.), TURN LEFT TO CRIB AND CONTINUE ON FOOT 0.3 MI TO SMALL BUT PROMINENT TOP.
STATION IS LOCATED ON HIGHEST POINT OF TOP.
STATION MARK IS STANDARD TABLET CRIMPED ON COPPER WELD ROD AND CENTERED IN 6 IN. DRAIN TILE FILLED WITH GRAVEL. STATION MARK IS SET FLUSH WITH GROUND AND IS STAMPED LAKE AZ. MK. 1968.
DIRECTION WAS OBSERVED TO THE ARLINGTON MWT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.